ON SITE AGENDA6-8 DECEMBER 2021
- MONDAY06 • 12 • 2021
- Check In & Welcome Drinks
- Pitch Workshop
- 1:1 Pitch Training
- TUESDAY07 • 12 • 2021
- 1:1 Pitch Training
- Surprise Activity
- Code Submissions
- WEDNESDAY08 • 12 • 2021
- Awards Ceremony
- Drinks & Networking
Join El Salvador's
Banco Hipotecario is inviting coders, designers, entrepreneurs, and anyone with amazing ideas to the Bitcoin Bankathon - a fast-paced competition aimed at building innovative Bitcoin-based banking solutions that can unlock access to improved financial services for Salvadoran citizens.
Are you ready to design
the future of finance?
- 5 CHALLENGES
- $150K OF PRIZES
- VIRTUAL / PHYSICAL
- Build the next NeobankWhat could a more inclusive Bitcoin-enabled Neobank for El Salvador look like in 2022?
Salvadorans face numerous barriers in accessing financial services. In fact, 70% of Salvadorans are unbanked.
What could a more inclusive Bitcoin-enabled Neobank for El Salvador look like in 2022?
- REDESIGN REMITTANCESHow can bitcoin remittances improve the lives of those who rely on money from abroad?
Remittances play a key role in the Salvadoran economy, but they can be slow and costly.
How can bitcoin remittances improve the lives of those who rely on money from abroad?
- BATTLE CLIMATE CHANGEHow can banks and crypto companies help citizens of El Salvador unite to tackle climate change and reduce its impacts?
El Salvador is prone to natural disasters that are exacerbated by climate change.
How can banks and crypto companies help citizens of El Salvador unite to tackle climate change and reduce its impacts?
- Empower MerchantsHow might we empower merchants using open banking data and smart-contracts?
ME Merchants sometimes struggle to obtain funding.
How might we empower merchants using open banking data and smart-contracts?
- Empower WomenHow can cryptocurrencies and Open Banking help increase Women's financial empowerment?
Many areas limit women’s financial inclusion, from gender discrimination to lack of financial products tailored to women’s needs.
How can cryptocurrencies and Open Banking help increase women's financial empowerment?
PRIZESwill be paid in BTC
- BEST USE OF
- MOST VISIONARY
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- Who owns the Intellectual Property of the code I created?
All intellectual property rights in the ideas and applications of a participant shall remain owned by, and shall vest in, the participant who creates them. See Terms and Conditions for more information.
- Do I have to come with a team?
No! We will help you find a great team to join.
- What's the #hashtag?
- What is the minimum age of a participant?
- Can I see something from a previous hackathon?
Sure, here’s a video from a previous hackathon, which was run by the Open Bank Project in London.
- What's the maximum team size?
- How do the travel refunds for Participants work?
Travel refunds are intended to help Participants outside of El Salvador to cover their travel costs. Participants are responsible for arranging their own travel and accommodation. Participants can apply for confirmation of eligibility here. If your request is confirmed, you can send your travel receipts up to $150 per participant following the event to firstname.lastname@example.org where the refund will be processed. Please note that the refund is limited to $150 per participant and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Should I bring a laptop?
Yes. Even if you're not coding it's a good idea to bring some kind of internet-enabled device.
- Do I have to be a coder?
No, entrepreneurs, designers and anyone with bright ideas and energy is most welcome.
- What if I've never been to a hackathon?
Perfect. Come and have a great first experience!
- Where is the Hackathon taking place?
You'll be collaborating virtually for the first two weeks, but the last 3 days of the hackathon will take place both online and on-site at Hacienda de Los MirandaM in El Salvador.
• Venue details •
Hacienda de Los Miranda
Calle Las Rosas 8, Colonia La Sultana
Antiguo Cuscatlán, El Salvador, C.A.• Website • Google Maps •
- Who can I contact to learn more about the event?
- How are prizes paid out?
Prizes are USD equivalent value as follows:
(1) all main prizes are remitted in BTC, and
(2) all prize value calculations are at the sole discretion of the hackathon organizers and sponsors